i just crashed my firends new bike and its totaled what should i do?

IsraelE

Dec 16, 2008
i crashed into a tree when i lost my balance and the bike fell into the street and a car ran it over the car did the most damage and to make things worse i didnt even ask him to ride it

I don't see any other option than telling him and offering to replace it. I had a "friend" who broke my first guitar. He didn't even say sorry or offer to pay for it at all. never spoke to him again and he is lucky I didn't kick his butt. And that was for a cheap $100 guitar. If you like this kid at all, you better be prepared to replace that bike for him.

put it back in his garage/yard and then say oh my god what happened?

im just kidding, suck it up and act like a grown up. Own up to it tll him your sorry and work out how your going to replace it.

Considering that you were able to ride this bike without proper cycling shoes with cleats I would assume this wasnt an expensive road bike. Tell your friend and give him $200 for the damages. That should cover the costs and if he says it cost more than $200 then do your research. Tell him you will pay for his bike since you are liable for the damages anyways.

If the bike cost under $400 new and he rode this bike around for more than 1,000 miles then your $200 is more than generous.

By any chance if this was an expensive road bike that cost over $2,000 then get ready to see him in small claims court since that is the course I would take if some idiot rode my bike and crashed it without my permission.

Considering that you were able to ride this bike without proper cycling shoes with cleats I would assume this wasnt an expensive road bike. Tell your friend and give him $200 for the damages. That should cover the costs and if he says it cost more than $200 then do your research. Tell him you will pay for his bike since you are liable for the damages anyways.

If the bike cost under $400 new and he rode this bike around for more than 1,000 miles then your $200 is more than generous.

By any chance if this was an expensive road bike that cost over $2,000 then get ready to see him in small claims court since that is the course I would take if some idiot rode my bike and crashed it without my permission.

Back