Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religious people (not an athiest rant dont worry)?

what actually got you into religion?

was it your parents or did you discover it on your own?
    do you think that if your parents didnt tell you your religion you would feel differently ?
    could you feel differently?

does it not concern you that there isnt actual proof (cmon really there isnt, you and me being here does not count as proof, we are here because our parents had sex and cells formed us) and you still believe?
    do you ever get tiny doubts ?
    little thoughts thinking this could all be lies?

dont paste sections from any religious book. those books where written by humans, not a god.
    what proof is there that we have souls?

Downloads
    Uploads
    God is our true Father. Earthly parents only gave us this flesh. God gives us our soul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nobody can truly know that G-d exists, because there is so little current evidence. However, a "magic-free" world seems to be out of the question, too. I know this from personal experience, but you may just have to learn quantum mechanics to believe it. So, I am confident that there is more to the universe than the universe. Given that, I follow the religion I was born into as the most logical explanation of the universe.

Junior Member The_Cricket:RIPAllecat's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lots and lots of studying, self-examination, and seeking after God.

A bit of both. I was raised by Christian parents, but I was also taught to think for myself, and question everything. My parents were very supportive of my inquisitive nature.

do you think that if your parents didnt tell you your religion you would feel differently?

Probably not. Like I said, I was taught to think for myself.

could you feel differently?

Sure. I've only been a Christian for two years. That means I spent the first twenty-five (nearly twenty-six) years of my life feeling differently.

does it not concern you that there isnt actual proof (cmon really there isnt, you and me being here does not count as proof, we are here because our parents had sex and cells formed us) and you still believe?

No. I don't need objective, empirical proof in this case. My subjective evidence is sufficient.

do you ever get tiny doubts?
    little thoughts thinking this could all be lies?

Sure. Doubt is natural. It's helped my faith more than it's hindered it.

And no quotes from any religious book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Then who produced the first man and woman? Evolution? How? Evolution can't even explain which vital organ evolved first; The Brain or the heart... Heck even Darwin was stumped when it came to the evolution of the eye...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Once they have faith, there goes prove and their logical thinking abilities..sad

The person below me, you obviously know very little of Evolution..study more

Downloads
    Uploads
    In 1974 I read Hal Lindsey's book, "The Late, Great Planet Earth".
    I recommend it to everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FSM told me the way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all thank you for posting a good question! You actually seem like you are seeking real answers...

I was raised as a Roman Catholic while I lived at home...my Dad just believed in God, but my Mom went to church pretty regularly.

I started off Catholic, but I discovered that "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" (Mormonism) was the true church at age 25 when God revealed it to me.

do you think that if your parents didnt tell you your religion you would feel differently ?
    I think it was helpful that I had a basic understanding of Jesus Christ...and I actually was pondering about Jesus Christ and if He could have been real, when God revealed to me that The Atonement of Jesus Christ IS definitely real!

could you feel differently? I think it may possibly have taken longer to come to the knowledge of the truth, but I wanted the truth and I am pretty sure God would have revealed it to me in any circumstances I would have been placed in.

does it not concern you that there isnt actual proof (cmon really there isnt, you and me being here does not count as proof, we are here because our parents had sex and cells formed us) and you still believe? I got my answer from God...that is more proof than of any other single fact that I know...I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He was crucified for the sins of the world MORE than I know anything else...my knowledge is not based on the philosophies of men or whatever they happen to believe or think or their experiments or their ranting and raving...but rather I know because GOD taught me.

do you ever get tiny doubts ? NONE

little thoughts thinking this could all be lies? NONE

dont paste sections from any religious book. those books where written by humans, not a god. - there are some religious books that have been written by real prophets...those words and ideas were given to them by God for the benefit of all mankind.

Additional Details
    5 minutes ago

what proof is there that we have souls? there is no proof that we don't have souls...if you want to know the truth about it simply ask God, he will give you an answer of peace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My parents brought me to a mainstream christian church when I was very young then we quit going which made me very very sad. I always prayed as a child. I could feel God's presence.

My mom was a new ager. Believed in reincarnation, had psychics over to the house. I always knew she was wrong, always.

My dad just never said a word about God ever.

When I was little I had a friend's mother die. This scared me. I prayed over and over for God to let my mother live to be "real old",and let my father live until I had my first child.
    As I was pregnant with my first child my father told me he was sick. At that very moment I felt goose bumps over my entire body. Then I heard a voice, in my head say, "It's time". THEN I remembered my prayer I prayed over and over again.
    My dad died when my daughter was 4 months. After this I got my sorry butt into a bible believing church. I then have had MANY other amazing experiences with the living God.
    My mother is still living at the age of 84.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast