Should we outlaw the sale of dogs in pet stores?

S

Sammie

It sickens me to even enter a pet store that sells dogs and cats. It is so sad to think that they are being sold like merchandise, like objects people can just buy on a whim when they visit the mall. These puppies usually always come from puppy mills and after surviving that they must live in small glass cages for people to tap on all day.

So many people are so ignorant on this issue as well. They say "Well I got my dog from a pet store and she is just fine!" but thousands of puppies just like theirs are not okay.

Dogs and cats should only be sold by licensed breeders. Who agrees?

yes you should I'm in the UK and puppies and kittens are banned from being sold in a pet shop
the us needs to weed out the BYB and the problem would be halved

I agree in a sense that they should make it the law that stores can only "buy" their dogs from licensed sellers but I don't think they will ever stop selling pets in shops because most people don't have access to legit dog breeders, better yet to people who breed dogs of their choice and liking. I happened to have bought my dog from a family who raises sheep and thus have Australian shepherds so yeah, I guess I got the good end of the stick.

People should do research on finding shops that supports local breeders and anti-puppy mills. Plus those shop pets are freakin Expensive! I know a co-worker who is paying MONTLY on her new puppy! haha so weird.

Back