Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Maggs

Sony Ericsson K800i, advice please?

I'm changing my phone and i'm thinking about getting the Sony Ericsson K800i. It seems to have all that i want with regards to camera and music etc. Before i go ahead and spend what to me is a large amount of money, can anyone give me their opinion of this model, or is there another i should consider?

Thanks in advance.

Mr Plow
    This is a great little phone and very much worth buying. Like you say, it has all the features you could really want - MP3 player, a 3.2 MP camera that takes very good pictures, some good games available to download, FM radio, 3G video services including live TV and Sky Sports, video player, expandable memory (up to 2GB), and...it's a phone! If there's one thing that lets it done, it's the quality of the video it captures. That's really not too clever and is nowhere near as good as that on some newer phones. But that really is the only drawback.

The camera is great though, very easy to use and a proper flash. I got mine last summer for going on holiday and the quality of pictures was superb, particularly the close-up 'macro' option. On the standard memory, you can capture about 70 photos at the highest resolution, but if you expand the memory using the micro SD card, you can literally take thousands of pictures.

The ability to upgrade the phone memory is probably the best feature of this phone. I now have three SD cards for my photos, MP3s and videos respectively. You can get around 750 songs onto one of these cards at reasonable quality which is more than enough imho. And if you source the right software, you can convert your DVDs to .3gp files to view on your phone as well. I've managed to cram three full length movies and numerous episodes of various TV shows onto one of these cards, all at very good quality.

All in all, it really is a superb phone at the price it is now available for and is highly recommended by this user. The only other phone you might want to consider would be the Nokia N95, but I don't know where the prices start on that one. Wouldn't bother with the iPhone. Waste of money.

Hope that helps.

Amy B
    I've had this phone for a while and I really like it. You can get some really big memory sticks for it and the quality of the camera is excellent for a phone.

Amy B
    I've had this phone for a while and I really like it. You can get some really big memory sticks for it and the quality of the camera is excellent for a phone.

Honey
    Ive got this phone and so far it has not let me down. Its great, especially the camera, and music etc.

Its a great choice. Very durable. I have tried smashing it on several occasions (anger), but not a scratch yet!!!

DeathButler
    Brilliant phone, regarded as a "legendary phone" by the gadget show

James
    it is a great phone the music player is good and the camera is excellent you just slide back the lens you can record sound and video as well

i bought if for 69.99

James
    it is a great phone the music player is good and the camera is excellent you just slide back the lens you can record sound and video as well

i bought if for 69.99