Should i purchase a 2008 Chevy Malibu or a 2008 Nissan Altima?

cutegirlin_tn

Dec 12, 2008
i think they both get about 24 miles per gallon, correct?
according to edmunds.com they are about the same price...
anyone know the pros and cons of both?? it does not have to be 08, maybe 07 or 09..just trying to get an estimate here....and why are there so many styles of the Altima...which is the best? hmmmm thanks in advance for any information you can give...

Knowing little about cars, I personally think the Nissan looks better, and the company has a better reputation for reliability.

Funny everyone says Nissan, because they assume it gets better gas mileage. The facts are the new 09 model chevy actually gets better mpgs, unless you are talking hybrid altima. My Friend has one and it is ok. The mileage on the freeway is actually worse than my chevy cobolt, but in the city is where it makes up for it, that is if you can stay inder 40mph.

Its up to you, which ever one you like. Just don't buy Nissan because everyone else does.

Also on a side note I've never had any problems with my chevy and have done the routine maintence, while my friend has had to take his car in 3 times for problems. 2 times for transmissions and once for an electric mirror that would jerk when trying to reposition, opposed to moving smoothly. Nissan finally took care of the transmission, but told him the mirror was normal and to bring it in if it stops working, because his warranty is long enough.

Chevy i soppose...
I dont know anything besides the looks about the cars,
but chevy is AMERI

Anything American
Keep the Jap-traps and Asian-envasion cars out of America.
Give Americans jobs not others.

This kindof depends on your priority. If you want creature comforts, the Malibu is probably a better pick. If you prefer how the car drives (power, handling), the Altima is probably the better pick (although if you get a Malibu, the V6 model does get decent power).

If fuel efficiency is the only thing that matters, the Malibu Hybrid is much more fuel effiicient than any Altima model (or any other model of Malibu). Unfortunately the hybrid is absolutely awful in terms of performance.

you might want to check out the consumer guide reviews of both cars here:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2008-nissan-altima-1.htm

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2008-chevrolet-malibu-1.htm

i hope this helps; good luck!

Back