Is it patriotic to give up my Acura for a Chevy or would that be stupidity of...

Vermin

Sep 15, 2008
...the highest order?
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9900/acuratl2medium0cq.jpg

Patriotism isn't defined by the car you drive. Besides, some of the "imports" are made in the U.S.A. My parents BMW was made in SC...granted, the factory will abide by BMW's standards. And my best friend's Toyota was made out in AZ or CO? But my Honda was made in Japan. The UAW (which I'm not a fan of) has partially ruined the American auto markets, in my opinion. We need to get back into making quality cars.

You can trade it in for a brand new Cobalt LS with such amazing standard features such as wheel covers, non-power antenna, roll-up windows, and faux nylon seating surfaces. And for only about $17,000. It's a no-brainer! Just get to the Chevy dealer before he goes out of business.

nice wheels

Please tell me you're being sarcastic!!

acura is the american version of the honda

honda made acura to race in the united states. they didnt know how well they would do so insted of putting honda out there they just made a new car company, aka acura

Don't be a fool. Your effort to change anything is so minuscule it would be like trying to put out a forest fire with spit. Keep your car it looks nice.

Well, is your Acura paid for? The patriotic thing to do would be go in debt for a new car and then beg for a bail out.

If you work on Wall Street, you won't have to beg too hard, our elected officials are only too happy to give you our tax dollars.

If you work for the UAW, then you're screwed.

how about this?

congress takes my money at gun-point (taxes are NOT voluntary)

and gives it to union thugs to distribute to their supporters

maybe i will not buy another F/C/GM auto

regardless of how well they may make autos

because they have robbed me, and used congress to do it

screw them all

You buy what you want. I have owned Chevys and they are much less expensive than Acuras and just as good. So if you want to spend more for an Acura that is up to you..

There must be something about American made cars that make most car buyers go for Japanese made. Actually, I'm no longer accurate because many Japanese brands are already made in the U.S.

Just hang on to the Acura...I drive a 350Z Roadster - Nissan - Japanese - ahhhhh and so much more fun to drive than a Corvette!!

don't do it!! chevys are the worst car on the market right now with the worst crash test ratings and junkiest parts!! trading in an acura which is made by honda would be a bad move!

I think it is patriotic if it's what you want to do. I only buy American cars. For those of you who feel they are of poor quality, that is your opinion and you are free not to buy them. However, these are the same people who are now suggesting that we should give away taxpayer money to save the automakers. At least if you spend your money on a car, you get something for it while helping out the automakers. If we give them $14 billion of OUR money, we might not get anything. This isn't the government's money. It is money we earned and the government confiscated through taxes.

Back