How can I repair cracked open rubber snow/hiking boots? Something better...

apriljaymes

Apr 15, 2008
...than super-glue? I have a pair of Columbia winter boots (leather upper, rubber foot), and noticed when I went to put them on this year, that the rubber has cracked open down to the sole, and come apart from the leather upper. How this happened, I have no clue, but I cannot afford a new pair! So the rubber is over the insulated inside part, and touching leather. I need to reconnect the three materials, and seam together the cracked rubber in a waterproof way. Can anyone suggest a bonding agent, or repair method to bring these boots back to life? Thank you!

You might be able to use the stuff they use to repair rubber roofs with; very tough and rubbery, it is sort of like contact cement. The problem is they usually sell it in 5 gallon pails and you just need a little bit. You might be able to get a small amount from someone who does this kind of work.

You might be able to use the stuff they use to repair rubber roofs with; very tough and rubbery, it is sort of like contact cement. The problem is they usually sell it in 5 gallon pails and you just need a little bit. You might be able to get a small amount from someone who does this kind of work.

Back