CHEVY 6.5 litre diesel help?

dieselboy

Nov 15, 2008
i own a 95 6.5 litre diesel it had no heat i replaced the thermostat, now the
tempature gage goes full and goes down when it wants , when i turn the a/c on the gage slowly goes down. mechanic says my head gasket could be leaking and its been spraying anti-freeze out of the over flow resovoir , but the mechanic knows nothing honestly nothing if the gaskets where leaking the exhaust would have a blue tinge to it, and the main question is the gages??? why do they jump around like that if i take the thermostat out it stops?

sounds like you have a bad fan clutch? I don't know whether you have a viscous clutch, or an electic fan on the radiator? To me it sounds like your fan is kicking on too late causing the engine to warm up to much and then the antifreeze boils over. You might also want to check your radiator cap.....cooling systems are pressurized so they can take more heat without boiling over......if your cap is bad then it won't have the pressure it needs to take the heat.

also.....it sounds like the gauge is doing it's job......it's just something under the hood that is messed up. If it has a relay to control the fan i would check that. Most vehicles have the fan hooked into the ac circuitry so that when the a/c is on the fan will be on also....that is probably why the temp cools down when the ac is on......sounds like the fan isn't working like it's supposed to to me!

GOOD LUCK!

Back