...jealous of you", they said.? Most "smart" kids have this told to them when they get bullied for being clever. As usual, I am an exception.

Explain then, how delinquents nowadays (I'm in year 11) are going to get highly paid jobs as BTEC-qualified engineers or joiners.

Explain then, why said delinquents live life to the max, getting irresponsibly drunk and stoned nearly every night.

Explain then, why I get bullied every day for being an autistic sub-human freak (No, I'm not saying that for your sympathy. I'm saying it because, it's actually hard-to-come-to-terms-with-truth)

Are they jealous of me because I fail most of my exams?

Are they jealous of me because I'm socially and practically awkward, and never get tech projects finished due to people intently watching me work and pointing out the littlest of mistakes before going to their friends and obviously whispering and pointing to me?

Are they jealous of me because I have no friends, and I'm widely regarded as a creepy, stupid idiot, and I've openly tried to make friends with people to have my efforts turned down with subtle or not-so-subtle insult from boys and flinches, squeaks or ridicule from girls?

If you knew me, would you look me in the eye and still tell me I will grow up and live a happy life?

Some people like me can still be saved. I, however, am beyond redemption. Something my Connexions adviser couldn't possibly understand. I can see the pity and despair in her eyes when she tries telling me that I'll have a good life after school. It's her job, after all, so I can't exactly blame her.