Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

LG Dare? Iphone? Or Ipod Touch?

Ok right now I'm on a verizon family plan and I have an LG Dare. I'm happy with Verizon but I really want a phone with music, and I know they say the Dare does music.. but really it only supports MP3 files, and out of my 3000 songs only 120 are MP3 formatted. And I really want my phone to have music on it so I think I just get an Iphone... is there a way I can just remove myself from the Verizon family plan thing to an AT&T iphone plan? If not.. should I just keep my Dare and get an Ipod Touch? idk.. lemme know what you think of all this nonsense.

o and will iphone ever come to verizon? if so, when?

Downloads
    Uploads
    yea i would keep your dare and get a touch. there has been speculation that Verizon is supposed to be getting the iphone but i think speculation is all it is at this point. the current iphone that is out does not have built in cdma technology which is what verizon runs off of. so apple would actually have to design a new iphone that is compatible with cdma service which i have heard no talk of them doing so at all much less anytime real soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Buy an unlocked iphone 2G so you can use it with any service provider that uses sim cards ( not verizon though sry) then get off verizon go to any service provider who uses sims then use the sim card to make calls. I saw iphone ftw Here are its cons and pros

Pros
    Great HUGE multi touch screen
    App store
    Widescreen ipod ( like the itouch)
    Pretty slim
    Great calender/to do
    Virtual qwerty keyboard is awesome
    WIFI so if you have a wireless connection you don't need a data plan

Cons
    Camera isn't the best
    No MMS ( yet)
    Sometimes crashes

The music on it is great and its a good phone. Ditch the dare ( sell it or something) and get an unlocked iphone

PS: AN ipod touch 8gb ( the lowest) is 250 dollars and an unlocked jailbroken iphone 2G used but in good condition is around 270 and the itouch doesent have a camera, a mic or a phone hmm? Sone really cool apps use the mic and camera

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ipod Touch

Downloads
    Uploads
    id say keep your dare and get an ipod touch that can hold atleast 3000 songs or more. it would definately save you more time and money.. you shouldnt have to spend another 300 dollars on an iPhone, when you can get an iPod touch which is much less than 300 dollars depending on how many GB's. but anyways, just buy an ipod touch, they're great anyways, and my friend has an iPhone and it keeps breaking and she takes great care of it, she keeps having to take it back to the store to get it fixed then it is perfectly fine, but im sure you dont want to waste all that time going to the store and back alot.
    anyways.. thats my opinion. good luck on deciding what to do!