Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

An absence of religion brings a rise in intelligence?

Do you think that if there was no religion in this world, we would be far more technologically advanced and knowledgeable about how our universe works?

* since many scientists through history have been persecuted and silenced by the churches---such as in the case of evolution, disease, the shape of the earth, and how old the earth is *

Downloads
    Uploads
    Without religion, that might be, but the world would be morally corrupt, and people would probably have alot more health problems.

I learned that religion is actually good for society because it provides a group environment that holds positive ideals. This has an effect not only on how people act, but on their physical health as well. This was in my college intro to psyc. book. I can give you the title, chapter, and page numbers if you don't believe me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually think God gave certain intelligent gifts to certain scientists or the like of Einstein for example. In fact- everyone has a gift for something.
    Isn't it funny how the leaders of churches were the first to persecute and even have murdered, people who didn't follow their (churches) ignorant self proclaimed superstitious knowledge? Didn't the church used to murder people for simply working on the sabbath or for being accused of being a witch? I truly feel sorry for the Priests who made those calls.
    Yes- advancement was retarded because of such things. But then maybe the plan was for it not to be too easy?? Who knows?
    But look at today. All of that never stopped anyone then and won't in the future. Just think how advanced we would be today if it weren't for greed and the love of power and money.
    A cure for cancer?- That would put many out of work and out of money, including drug companies, doctors, hospitals, etc....
    What would we humans do with the universe if we conquered it?- destroy it, pollute it, fight over it, kill over it and maybe sell it for junk later? We don't belong there now.