Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I charge a US Nokia on a UK Nokia charger, as long as the model is the same?

I have the same phone in UK/US, a simple Nokia cheapo. Do the phones each get the same level of power from their respective chargers, or would it be dangerous to charge my US phone on the UK charger?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the answer. I should add - I am at home in the UK now with a UK charger that I use for my regular Nokia, and a US phone that I will be using in the US. I would like to charge the US Nokia, and am wondering if I can charge it on the Nokia charger here that is meant for my UK Nokia. Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have several chargers for my Nokia phones. I have a UK, US and European models. The battery in the phone is the same, so the output voltage of the charger is the same. Shouldn't be a problem

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the US, the voltage is 110 volts. In the UK it is 220 volts. Check what is written on your charger. If it says from 110 to 240 volts, then it will be ok for both countries. But if it says 220 volts or 240 volts, then it is only good in the UK.

PS You have to get a plug adaptor to be able to plug a UK plug into a US wall outlet. The UK plugs are three pronged, whereas the US plugs have only two.