Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cswert9208

Can i block just one number from texting me(I have Verizon)?

I have Verizon and i have a Razr, i know how to do it you put the number on the text blocking list from vtext.com but i did that and it doesnt work so i went to my phone and went to Messages>settings>block/unblock> and then i enter the number but when i do it says "no response received" what is up with that?? i don't understand why its doing that and i'm tired of getting harassed by this person its REALLY REALLY annoying me. They wont stop and its like over 100 texts a day, its not costing me because i have unlimited but its really making me mad. Why doesnt that work when i do that to block the number? thanks...

Unregistered
    Cant block just one, you would have to call Verizon and have them turn off all text messages...

Unregistered
    i got the ENV3 and i wanna block a number from texting me how do i do that??

Unregistered

blocking

i have an env touch and you cant just block one specific number you have to go to menu and go to settings then phone settings the security then messages and your options are either allow all messages or block all messages. i dont know if you can call verizon and get ther number specificaly blocked

Unregistered
    type B followed by a space followed by the number with 1 and the area code (ie B 15555555555) and send it to 8888. that will block individual numbers. You will get a confirmation text from verizon within a couple minutes.

Unregistered

Dude5 Responding to information about blocking a text to a Verizon cell

To try and block a number from texting me (I've a Verizon account), I just tried texting "B 1(area code and number)" to 8888. I was sent back the response "Action Not Allowed". So unfortunately that does not work...at least not for me.

Unregistered
    It worked for me. I have Verizon, a Twist phone. I typed "B 5555555555" and sent it to 8888 (: I got a message saying "Destination of 5555555555 added to Block List."

Unregistered
    That used to work for me when I was alltel but now that I'm on a verizon contract it will not work... I have a droid... motorola

Unregistered
    you can go on to you myverizon page on the account info. You parents might have to do it and subscribe to the restrictions and can block up to 20 numbers. It cost 4.99 a line a month though.

Unregistered
    Hey I tryed sending the ext to 8888 on my verizon LG phone and it worked fine. Single number blocked from texting me for free ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast