Can i block just one number from texting me(I have Verizon)?

C

cswert9208

I have Verizon and i have a Razr, i know how to do it you put the number on the text blocking list from vtext.com but i did that and it doesnt work so i went to my phone and went to Messages>settings>block/unblock> and then i enter the number but when i do it says "no response received" what is up with that?? i don't understand why its doing that and i'm tired of getting harassed by this person its REALLY REALLY annoying me. They wont stop and its like over 100 texts a day, its not costing me because i have unlimited but its really making me mad. Why doesnt that work when i do that to block the number? thanks...

Cant block just one, you would have to call Verizon and have them turn off all text messages...

i got the ENV3 and i wanna block a number from texting me how do i do that??

blocking

i have an env touch and you cant just block one specific number you have to go to menu and go to settings then phone settings the security then messages and your options are either allow all messages or block all messages. i dont know if you can call verizon and get ther number specificaly blocked

type B followed by a space followed by the number with 1 and the area code (ie B 15555555555) and send it to 8888. that will block individual numbers. You will get a confirmation text from verizon within a couple minutes.

Responding to information about blocking a text to a Verizon cell

To try and block a number from texting me (I've a Verizon account), I just tried texting "B 1(area code and number)" to 8888. I was sent back the response "Action Not Allowed". So unfortunately that does not work...at least not for me.

It worked for me. I have Verizon, a Twist phone. I typed "B 5555555555" and sent it to 8888 :) I got a message saying "Destination of 5555555555 added to Block List."

That used to work for me when I was alltel but now that I'm on a verizon contract it will not work... I have a droid... motorola

you can go on to you myverizon page on the account info. You parents might have to do it and subscribe to the restrictions and can block up to 20 numbers. It cost 4.99 a line a month though.

Hey I tryed sending the ext to 8888 on my verizon LG phone and it worked fine. Single number blocked from texting me for free ^_^

"8888" should work on Verizon for all phones--just make sure you enter "B" then a space, then the area code plus phone number. Don't add a "1" before the area code. To unblock, you use "U" then space then the number. You'll get a text message back saying the number has either been added to or deleted from your Block list. And it's free. I've had to use this feature for a particular phone number several times, and it's always worked for me.

I tried text 8888 the message of B 1EEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I got a response saying "Action not allowed."

I have Verizon, I have the LG Cosmos Touch and all I did was sent a message saying B (the number including the area code) to 8888 and the message that I got back said "Destination of (number) added to Block List." Although it may not work for everyone, it worked for me.

You can block numbers online for free

Just log into your account and click on 'Blocked messages and calls' in the I want to section. Enter the number, up to 5 different ones, and they are blocked for free. The only catch is the block only lasts for 90 days but you can go back in and reblock again at the end of the 90 days.

Back