I have tried everything to get her to gain a life, church, senior citizens activities, inviting neighbors over that are her age, inviting her friends for a visit. She has been here almost 2 years. Now my hubby is sick and I have him to take care of and she's in better health. She says she doesnt know how to clean or cook( always had a housekeeper) won't go out ( there are too many" mexicans" here Her words) has 3 rooms of her own and threw a fit when I asked her to please stay out of my bedroom as I am a private person.( accussed me of having things to hide) When I wanted to buy a new dress for my induction into Pi Theta Kappa she told me I was a spender and I should go through my closet ( my newest outfit is 4 years old) Now the toilet in her bathroom has shifted 45 degrees as she pulls her self up on the sink and I offered to buy her a grab bar and higher seat, she went screaming to my husband and said she was accused of breaking the toilet and told she was a f*** up! He told her he was there and I did not say that, but I am to let it go and she will get over it ( but not get the seat) Now this is my house I bought it before we got married and I really try to keep it maintained. I am miserable, if I talk to her my hubby will frown upon it and if I insist on the toilet thing I am accusing her of damage. Am I nuts?
We have not had any time alone in 2 years. She acts like I am the interloper, she will say John and I are going to watch football on the big TV and when I suggest maybe they could go to her sitting room she leaves and slams door. To save money I gave her my bedroom Tv for her sitting room so she would have privacy if she wanted it. She has the largest bedroom and a private bath. We do all the cooking and cleaning she does give us 00 a month witch barely covers her meds and groceries and her internet and long distance phone Plus the new vehicle we had to get cause she couldnt get in and out of our old one.( we didnt have these before she came) Miserable in Texas

Forgot about the cable tv she ordered as well as the new computer she had to have so she could email her Friend from"home" and if I say anything, like oh Marie I like to iron my clothes for shool she says Im too fussy and maybe she should go sit on a lawn chair by her plot and then they can just shove her in when she dies!