Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm 13 and don't know what subjects to take in school for my future?

I want to direct films or make movies in some way when I'm older.

I'm going into third year next year and I need to choose my school subjects.Do I need to take any subjects in particular like computing???

Downloads
    Uploads
    What country do you live in? Or if you live in the UK, which constitutient state do you live in? (England, Wales, N. Ireland, Scotland)?

If you live in England and is thinking of GCSE.

I'd say:

Drama
    English Literature
    Art
    Business Studies (well it's a BTEC)

However, hardly any subjects are geared towards movies in any way. With the exception of Drama, but that has nothing to do with directing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im in england and theres a subject called media studies so if theres somthin like tht i think that would be good, also phtography maybe, enlish n art. most jobs are dependent on exams called a-levels in england but not sure wt they are were u r.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For film, I'm not really sure. But computing is a very good course to take, because technology is so prominent---and growing---- these days. Because technology is such a huge part of society, it is versatile and it will give you props in many different career choices. Also, you can take computing classes that tie in with a profession you like. For example, I am learning programming, making video games, websites, etc, but next tear I am going to take classes that link computers/technology to business(what I want to do as an adult). It is a International business class, and it is college level. You can only get into it if you have odne computing. So you see, a basic technology understanding pretty much can get you anywhere. Especially in the world of film, because everything is edited and such on computer.