Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My car picks up very slowly and taps slightly....?

I have a 99 Subaru Forester, with 250K kms on it. Lately, I've noticed that after my car has been sitting for a while (like in the parking lot at work), it taps slightly and the pick up is very sluggish - it can take up to 30 seconds or more to hit 60. Once the car warms up a little - it's fine. The cold makes the car even more sluggish, and I've noticed the taps are more pronounced when I make a turn. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make sure there's oil in the engine. I bet it has been leaking. Take it to the shop and have everything fixed. Everything needs fixing by 250,000 miles. Or, put some new spark plugs in it and drive it till the check engine light comes on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make sure there's oil in the engine. I bet it has been leaking. Take it to the shop and have everything fixed. Everything needs fixing by 250,000 miles. Or, put some new spark plugs in it and drive it till the check engine light comes on.