“If you criticize a conspiracy theory, do you become part of the conspiracy"?

Samirah

Aug 24, 2008
Any inconvenient facts are irrelevant. People who believe in a conspiracy theory "develop a selective perception; their mind refuses to accept contrary evidence.” "There's no amount of evidence or data that will change somebody's mind.” "The more data you present a person, the more they doubt it ... Once you're committed, especially behaviorally committed or financially committed, the more impossible it becomes to change your mind."

This is semantics. While there is no amount of data that can change one's opinion on a "conspiracy theory".. there's also no amount of relevance that can change their mind. That's the tricky thing about theories. They don't have to be based on fact for it to be true to the beholder of the opinion.

It may not make a lot of sense to us, but it does to them. While it is important to them, I don't believe they become part of it. Unless they are obsessed with it.. like oh, say... Michael Moore.

Flika - I think that is a sign that you are open to change. You are willing to see things from both points of view. The glass is neither half-empty, nor half-full for you. That can be a good thing!

Personally I think it's all about how much and how well you criticize and fight against it.

I have a tendency to change my mind on a regular basis, I can't speak for others.

Back