can a person know where you're at from your cell phone number? ?

avsgirl4ever

Mar 31, 2008
ok, so i have an online friend, and i'd like to talk to him. i know you have to be careful giving your number away though, cause people aren't always who they say. so, i'm wondering, if i were to give this guy my cellphone number, would he be able to figure out where i'm at using it?

Each city has its own area code usually and then the 3 numbers that follow also tell where you are. It doesnt give them an exact location. It just tells them what city you live in usually. A lot of the new cellphones actually have the feature to show you the city when you call. Verizon has an application you can purchase called CityID which will show you the city of the number calling you or you are calling. Sprint has this for free with select phones.

By the area code they can find out what city you live in, but im not sure if they can find were you are?

well i think that if you have a parent i know that they can track you from gps but i dont think other ppl can...

He would only be able to know what country you are in, only the network operators and the security services can located you any better than that from your phone number

He would only be able to know what country you are in, only the network operators and the security services can located you any better than that from your phone number

Back