Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are some good metal bands with female growling/screaming vocalists?

my boyfriend and I are in a metal band and though we haven't really done anything yet, he wants me to practice my singer and screaming everyday. I practice along with all hundred music artists in my library but since I have the singing down I want to start focusing on my growling and screaming. I figured since I'm a girl it would be best to listen to female vocalists but the only bands that I have with screaming and growling women are Arch Enemy, Otep, My Ruin/Manhole/Tura Satana, The Agonist, Mcqueen, and In This Moment. compared to how many bands I have with male vocalists, that's not that many.

I prefer heavier music with my vocals but I will tone it down to screamo if the vocalist is good enough.

and please don't bother telling me that this will destroy my singing because I'm living proof that it's just a myth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arch Enemy, and since you are serious about screaming/Growling, I would sugest geting the DVD's "The Zen of Screaming" and "The Zen of Screaming 2"

Those DVD's really helped me learn how to properly scream without damaging my voice.

The teacher is a woman, and she has taught people like Spencer Chamberlain from Underoath, Trevor Phipps from Unearth, Geoff Rickly from Thursday, Philip Labonte from All That Remains, Mark Hunter from Chimaira, Robert Meadows from A Life Once Lost, Lou Koller from Sick of It All, Byron Davis from God Forbid, and Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy.

If you want to check out our band, go over to
    http://www.myspace.com/erlosungmetall

It's currently a solo project, but I'm trying to make it into a band

Downloads
    Uploads
    Flyleaf

Junior Member drummerofanundead's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    flyleaf

Junior Member MommaWasAnOpiumSmoker's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are FAR fewer females in metal with harsh vocals than male.

But add Orphan Hate and Light This City to your list. They both have female growlers.

That's about all I can help you with though. I usually dislike harsh vocals in music....favorite females of mine in metal tend to run on the side of Tarja Turunen, Simone Simons, Martina Hornbacher, etc.