Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atheists, how do you explain Prophecy? ...?

I ask this because the old testament is filled with 90% prophecy. Not only that but it is 80 percent fulfilled prophecy. I went through a time where I debated God's existence, but I can't get past the fact that there is just no room for chance on these prophecies.

There are documents that we "know" factually that they were written hundreds of years before the events took place. Some of these prophecies were so distinct, you wouldn't just guess them. There is no way this book happened by chance...how do you explain it? How can you justify not believing it?

I don't mean this rude in any way, I really do want to understand your position, unless you just haven't thought about it before, which, I don't know is a fair answer. God did says "Come let us reason together".
    Isa 1:18a "Come now, and let us reason together,"
    Says the LORD
    Alexander the Great, Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar, Antiochus Epiphanes, Rome, JESUS, The 2nd Temple Destruction of 70AD, There are hundreds more.

See these events weren't just documented by the Jewish Scribes. The majority of these have outside sources that document them. Governments. You have writers like Tacitus who just recorded history, and Spergeon, and Josephus, and that is just covering Christ. There are egyptian writings, and Iranian writings (Babylon proofs), and archeology.

The proofs aren't just from one source, otherwise I would agree, anyone could make up a story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like the messiah being called emmanuel?