Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone help with future mother in law?

Hi everyone I'm really new to all this. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months and we are really happy together. Sometimes I become very annoyed with his mum. She is very controlling and he has to ring her to ask if he can stop round mine and he has to clean the house and on certain days she won't let him leave the house. He is 27 and I'm 19 and I can totally understand her feeling protective over him but we plan on moving in together once we've saved up enough money and fully prepared ourselves. We are both very responsible and understand what it takes to live together. We know it won't be easy but the best we can do is save our money and work hard. I'm scared his mum won't let him leave. I know his mum is really important to him but sometimes it feels like I'm pushed to the side and forgotten. My parents feel we are very well prepared and they trust mine and his judgement. My boyfriend wants to move out as soon as possible because he is becoming fed up with his parents overprotective behaviour. His 18 year old brother is allowed to come home after midnight but my boyfriend is expected home at 10 thirty. I'm not sure if his parents approve of our relationship because they often say that we are not right for eachother but we are really happy together. We do disagree at times but we talk things through and his parents are always arguing. Me and my boyfriend don't hug eachother in front of his parents because it seems to upset them. I'm not sure what to do. I'm at a loss. Why are they so interfering and over protective and why do they treat my partner like a child at his age. Can someone shed some light please

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a mommas boy. Time for him to grow up.

All I can say is best of luck. Nothing will change unless your 27 year old bf grows up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are interfering and over protective because he allows them to be.

pay very close attention to his relationship with his mother. you've only been with him for 6 months and already you feel that you are tossed over for mummy. Sounds like he is a mama's boy.

WARNING: MAMA'S BOYS MUST BE DUMPED ASAP. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE OTHER WOMAN IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH A MAMA'S BOY. MAMA COMES FIRST EVEN WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED AND HAVE CHILDREN. WHEN MAMA DIES, YOU LIVE WITH HER GHOST AND WHAT A SAINT SHE WAS AND HOW NO WOMAN CAN EVER COMPARE TO HER.

this is not a joke. Pay VERY close attention to how he relates to his mother and get out as soon as you know for sure he's a mama's boy. Your life will be misery with him if you don't.

your second red flag is that he is 27 and still lives with mummy. A grown man still living at home is not a good risk for a relationship.

IF he is able to make the break and leave home and set his boundaries with his parents then you MIGHT have a chance. But until he shows you that he is his own man, he is NOT good permanent relationship material.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bail. Get out now!
    Or, accept it and never, ever ever mention it again.

You have the power. It's your choice. You know eyes wide open what you are getting into... If I were you, I would split and never look back, but if you decide to stay, it's your own fault...

Remember, you can't change people, you can only accept them or disassociate them.