I recently found out that my husband is in love with my best friend. We have been married for four years and during the past past month he started seeming distant. He told me he wanted a divorce because he was unhappy, then a few weeks later told me he was in love with my best friend who was having problems with her marriage. She has cheated on her husband for the past three years with numerous people , but now both my husband and her are convinced they are soul mates and are in love. They have been staying in hotels leaving the kids at home with me and her husband for the past two months. I have a 9 mo. old baby and a 12 yr old step son. She has two boys 7 and 4. I really thought my husband would stop and realize what he was doing. She is unreliable, a smoker & has a past history of being promiscuous, etc all things that typically he would not be attracted to. After two months they are ready to move in with one another. Does anyone think this will work? Are they in love?
My "best friend" does have a history of cheating. she cheated on her husband multiple times during her 5 yr marriage. She says that she cheated b/c she was so unhappy w/ him. She says she never left b/c she had 2 boys, no $ and no where to go. However this is very uncharacteristic of my husband. He feels like since he told me that he wanted a divorce & swears that he only had feelings for her & had not acted on them..which i don't believe ...but he doesn't think this is cheating. Meanwhile,my husband never wanted to date a woman w/ children, never wanted someone who smoked, wanted someone responsible. He tells me that the sex is very good w/ her & they are compatible. My husband is an exceptional father & again so out of character for him to move his son out of a stable home to a new one. as a matter of fact the kids do not know what is going on. she has no regard for her children, though my husband says she is trying & he will help help w/ that. he has also made passes at me
know people ask why i care or why i have not kicked him out. the problem is the 12yr old is my step son, if i kick himout, i appear as though i am kicking out my step son b/c my husband will of course take him. I didn't ask for any of this and i am trying to be the bigger person. i love my husband dearly & feel like he has lost his mind. He says that he has been feeling unhappy for a while, saying i nag too much, dont support him always want more & nothing is ever good enough. i believe this could be true to an extent, but i don't feel like he came to me & told me how bad it was until he was ready to say Divorce. i work a full time job in which i am on call 24/7 take care of a baby & a 12 yr. old & my 10yr old step daughter when she is visiting. He works from 9-9 every day. i just don't get why he is so blind. he says that she just needed to meet the right guy to make her happy. they also work together b/c of me. i convinced him to hire her b/c she needed more $.

this isnt' the 1st marriage she has destroyed. she dated another married man, but he was already embarking on a divorce & she was the push. she used to work at my co. & was fired, during her turnure she was turned in to HR 2x for being accused of having a relationship with 2 diff. co-workers. she had random 1 night stands w/ a few people there. when she was terminated, she convinced her husband she still worked there as a contractor on the weekends. she would go out of town, leave her kids & party all weekend, meeting who ever when ever. This went on for 3 years. Her husband never knew of the affairs until he read an email she sent to a guy, then he started monitoring everything, (phone bills) & realized her conversation w/ my husband were insane. She admitted to having feelings for him & felt like she was in love. they r still living together but as "roommates" until my husband & her find a place. my husband justifes her actions b/c she was unhappy & it makes you do crazy things