Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is this a scam or is this for real i need help?

Okay, basically i am buying a blackberry bold overseas from this person that lives in London.
    they gave me their accountant information and I gave them my mailing address. I also made them agree to these two statements:
    That you will mail a blackberry bold 9000 phone and all accessories in the box to me.
    If you do not than you will be sued under the jurisdiction of Vancouver BC Canada

and they agreed.
    However, I had to make the payment via western union before they would ship over the package.
    does this sound like a scam to you?

Also, they do not have a website or anything I found them advertising off of facebook marketplace and their email is [email protected]. Does that add to the fishiness?

One thing though they made it very thorough that they would send over the goods and said it was 100% legit.

I'm between a rock and a hard place someone give me some advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like a scam to me! have them send it before you pay

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnOrpIbjDT6skmFHqJXj2sPsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20081202164838AAyB62U

Downloads
    Uploads
    that sounds like a phishing scheme to me. just because it says "100% legit" doesnt mean it is. if you already sent the the money just pray and wait. to see if it actually comes.

a word of advise: be careful when they request you to ONLY pay a certain way. also pay attention to the "lock" symbol when a site asks you for you CC# and mailing address. if you cant order from the web site or if they dont have a site then its a good possibility that its a scam.

Downloads
    Uploads
    that sounds like a phishing scheme to me. just because it says "100% legit" doesnt mean it is. if you already sent the the money just pray and wait. to see if it actually comes.

a word of advise: be careful when they request you to ONLY pay a certain way. also pay attention to the "lock" symbol when a site asks you for you CC# and mailing address. if you cant order from the web site or if they dont have a site then its a good possibility that its a scam.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!!!

Western Union is heavily abused by scammers on email. Paypal is safer and guarenteed to be safer.

Be very careful

Unregistered
    They sound real fishy..they don't own website,have a third part(ymail) email id.Do not trust them.To check whether a site is legit usually, I do follow a simple checklist to see how well they do, especially when I need to part money with the site;

1) Does the site have a current SSL certificate?
    2) Use WhoisXY.com to check the whois information and check whether the contact information matches with the one in the website.
    3) In the domain contact details, is there a valid email address.
    4) Is there a valid phone number visible, and does it work ?
    5) Go through review about them using Unmaskparasites.com and check whether they are scam free.

If I am satisfied with the result then I purchase a small priced article and if it is delivered safely and promptly then I go to purchase my desired product. You also can follow the steps that I do...In general, anyone who is trying to do legitimate business on the web will go out of their way to try and make it clear that they are legitimate. So if a site has not even done the bare basics to give customers enough confidence to buy they're products, then it is almost certainly some sort of scam.