Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    waka_mole

Acer 5630 ? bluetooth enabled ? bluetooth button situated onfront of the laptop

whats its use ? Got a brand new Acer 5630. wi-fi etc only thing is ? if i need to buy certain accessories for the damn things o work its one big waste of money ? i have (SLIDE) buttons on the front of the machine. bluetooth/Wi-Fi/Wireless.

When i click the bluetooth on it says no bluetooth device found . tried searching for the laptop while holding the button in .. still nothing ? anyone know where to go from here?

paul B
    Have you made sure the Bluetooth Adapter is installed?

Right click My Computer,
    Properties,
    Device Manager,
    Hardware tab
    Device Manager

There should be an item in the list called Bluetooth or Bluetooth Adapters. If it's not there, you have to install it using the CD that came with the Laptop. If it is there, you need to set the laptop to be discovered by other Bluetooth devices, that can be done by the Bluetooth Software supplied with the Laptop OR the Windows Bluetooth Settings Manager (Control Panel, Bluetooth)

Here is a link that will tell you if your Laptop has BT Technology

http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust523/Prod_2/Articles64008/78Bluetooth.htm

Gary C
    i have an acer laptop too and not all are bluetooth enabled but have the button on front i found out the same. shitter isnt it check the laptop spec on acer website to see if its listed