Why do Texas fans complain about being screwed by BCS?

IF Texas beat OU on neutral field.
But texas got slaughtered by Texas Tech.
Who "texas Tech" got beat by OU.
If anyone should be complaining it should be texas tech, because they deserve it over Texas. Cry me a river or give me one good reason why texas deserves it over tech?
I"m for ou but i dont see how texas deserves it over texas tech. They got slaughtered by tech.

Why do Texas fans complain about being "SCREWED" by the BCS?

I think this question pretty much answers itself.

Yes it was on neutral ground but they beat them.

So what. Texas beat Oklahoma and they have the same conference record. So, Texas should be in the Big 12 Championship Game. Enough said.

Texas fans are complaining because Oklahoma jumped the Longhorns, not the Red Raiders.

It had already been established Oklahoma was better than the Red Raiders. The question was: had Oklahoma played good enough football where they deserved to jump Texas in the BCS? Obviously, the answer to that is yes.

Texas lost to Texas Tech in Lubbock with 1 second remaining - they did not get 'slaughtered' as you put it.

Tech deserves no shot because they lost by 40 points to Oklahoma. You don't lose by 40 in November and get a shot at the National Championship game.

So, with Tech out of the picture, it comes down to Oklahoma and Texas. Since the teams are ranked so close together (#2 and #3), you would think that the team that beat the other ON THE FIELD would be ranked above the other wouldn't you? After all, isn't that what we're looking for - who beat whom on the field?

Agreed based on the head-to-head system. But the BCS don't do things that way, they do it by style points and BCS rankings. Even though I am TTU fan, I admit TTU will probably get screwed and sent to the Cotton Bowl. This is why the North-South division system should be either changed or at least 1 of those teams should get swaped to the other division for Iowa St. in order to balance out the conference.

Back