Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for a new car that will fit my 6'8" frame. The car I am

looking at now is an '01 Dodge Intrepid.? I am looking into a 2001 Dodge Intrepid right now. I am unsure though, if I can fit the vehicle, and if the car is a good vehicle to own. I have seen mixed reviews. And the bad seems to be major, and this was just for the model car. Never can tell who is doing the reviews. I am looking for anyone to give me their opinion on the car. Also, any other cars that I should look into that may fit my frame. What are your opinions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had an 01 with the bigger V6 they offer and it was ok for awhile at about 90k we started having lots of problems with the front wheel drive and wound up getting rid of it. I cannot recall the room in it as a driver but do not remember feeling cramped , especially with the cab forward design dodge offers.Not a real big fan of the longevity of anything Dodge/chrysler . I am now driving a f-350 crew cab pickup and at 6'1 it is the first vehicle I have ever owned that I actually have to scoot the seat forward from the rear most position about two inches. This truck has a ton of room in it. I can ride 6 adults comfortably.The diesel runs a little more than gas but my motor will also be lasting alot longer than a gas motor.The gas ones are not great on fuel mileage but a properly tuned diesel one can squeeze out a bit over 20 mpg easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would avoid anything with the Dodge name. They have multiple problems with transmissions and engines for several years. I am 6'5" and have a Silverado Crew cab that gives me plenty of room for me and 5 adults.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are excellent cars with the 3.5L. The 2.7L is no good. Avoid that, unless you want to buy the car for $1000 and fix it yourself. You will readily find many of them for sale with the 2.7 engine messed up.

The 3.5L will get about 20 mpg in town, and maybe 27 on the highway, and it's a really big car with lots of power.

I'm not 6'8, so I can't comment on that.