How is the quality of luxury American cars?

DartL

Dec 1, 2008
American-manufactured cars (like those by the BIG THREE) are often deemed incompetent when compared to Japanese and German cars. But how are the quality of the luxury American cars, which, because of their high price, should be of very high quality as well. How are the American luxury cars' quality compared to the foreign luxury car quality?
American-manufactured cars (like those by the BIG THREE) are often deemed incompetent when compared to Japanese and German cars. But how are the quality of the luxury American cars, which, because of their high price, should be of very high quality as well. How are the American luxury cars' quality compared to the foreign luxury car quality? I mean by luxury, like Cadillac, or Bentley, McClaren, Jaguar, Benz, Lexus,...

American made automobiles have never been at the top of the food-chain. The USA can make some top of the line sports or performance cars, this is without any doubt. However, after the 1980's, the quality of luxury marques in this country had fallen greatly. To compare Eurasia's BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and Jaguar to our Lincoln, Buick, Chrysler, or even Cadillac.... there is simply no comparison. In terms of Engineering, Build quality,Reputation, and especially reliability, there is absolutely no comparison.

While I would gladly stimulate the US economy with a domestic car purchase, they simply cannot offer a LUXURY car to compete with the Europeans and Japanese. Now please, keep in mind, The US auto industry has been at the top of it's game when it comes to PERFORMANCE automobiles. Models such as Chevy/GM Corvette, Dodge Viper, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Ford GT, SSC Ultimate Aero (Fastest production car in world @ 261 mph) have proven to be at the top of the performance car world.

So in general, every day drivers and luxury autos made by american companies fail in comparison, while the perfomance autos surpass all expectations.

When you say luxury, what do you mean?
Like Corvette or Rolls Royce?
there's a big difference.
it also depends on what type of "luxury" your after

***I agree with ice, USA has performance on lock, but luxury is more of a European thing, the best luxury car in america is probably the Rolls Royce Phantom, but it has a price tag of close to 300,000 US dollars

Back