If God knows the future, then why would he create someone when He knows...

MadAsHell

Nov 29, 2008
...upfront he's going to sin and then? throw him to burn in hell for eternity? How is there any free will when God already knows the outcome? What's the purpose?

Some will argue that "we all have free will", but that is just sidestepping the matter IMO. God would know where every atom would go, how everything will interact, and the inevitable outcome of every interaction thus he would know what we will do before we do it so unless he isn't infinitely intelligent and can't see that far ahead he should have known who will sin and who won't even before he created the universe.

I suppose it is possible he turned his head while making the human mind and chose not to think about it ever again so he would never know exactly what individual humans would do, but that seems pretty weird.

*edit*
From what I got through, Newborn has a pretty decent answer.

I don't think anyone can truly answer this, because it assumes we know the nature of God. Even further, do we know God exists? There are just too many questions that come before this question that challenge the logic of any answer you're given.
That aside, I've always thought of it like this:
Let's pretend you have a friend, and you are "God". Not in ability are you God, but just in name for the sake of example. Your friend tells you, 'I'm going to go kill someone!' Well, God, do you know the future (assuming that your friend goes through with it!)? Can you change it, God? Whether or not you do, it is your friend's choice? Yes, yes, and yes.
Now, what kind of reasoning would God have to do this? I don't know.

GOD may know the outcome, but, does not create the outcome. In everything that happens, GOD appeals to us to make the right decision. Just because HE knows what the outcome will be, HE tried everything that HE could to keep you from going astray, just short of FORCING you to submit. GOD will NEVER force anyone to follow HIM. YOU CHOOSE!!!

GOD bless

God gave Adam and Eve the freedom to choose- Choose to obey or disobey. This freedom of choice is the second greatest demonstration of love that God has for us. The first was sending His most precious Gift into the world, Jesus Christ, His Son to set us free from our sin.

Without Jesus Christ in our lives, we cannot satisfy the wrath and anger of God. Once we have Jesus Christ in our lives, He becomes the righteousness in us that God demands.

When we meet God on Judgment day, if we have Jesus Christ as our Savior, God will see the righteousness of Jesus Christ inside of us.

Without Jesus Christ in our lives, on Judgment day, God will only see our sins. Because He is Holy, He will separate us from Him eternally. The only other place for us to go is Hell.

He loves us, and He wants us to come to Him, but He's not going to cage us, He's giving us the choice. If you don't love Him or want Him to be in your life, He's not going to force you. He gives you the choice, come with Me to Heaven, or rebel against me and you get hell. It's your choice.
Hope it helps
<>< (Christian Fish:)
? Abby

It's like a knowing and yet not knowing situation with God. He gives us a chance to do what is right, and we will pay the consequences if we continue to do the wrong thing. If our parents were saved, we will have more chances to get right with God because they pray for us, and sin is passed down from generation to generation. So, those who have Christian parents and/or relatives are in a better situation for believing and getting saved.

God kind of gave up His omniscience when He created us, allowing Himself not to know what we will choose, but He is still sort of omniscient, because He can take back His total omniscience at any point. God still does know everything that can possibly result from any of our choices.

Think of it like this. God could stop the "game" at any point, and start over with anything or body he wanted to. God [plays fair, he gives people a chance to better themselves.

Entertainment. If there was nobody burning in Hell, what would have been the point of making it in the first place? Clearly God made Hell for a reason, and that reason is entertainment.

Given the premises that there is an omniscient and omnipotent God and that this God creates living entities, the existence of an eternal hell invariably means that God desires for at least some souls to suffer forever. Of course, this conclusion is unacceptable to most theists. Christians even understand that God says He desires everyone's salvation. Therefore eternal hell cannot exist since it is contradictory to have a God who both wants some souls to suffer forever and wants all souls to be saved from suffering.

Not only does eternal hell not exist, but the premise that God creates living entities is false. What are created are these material bodies. The living entity (or soul) is different from the body. Souls are eternal; neither created nor destroyed.

him knowing it isn't equivalent to him forcing it .... you were created to worship the one who created you in the manner he wanted with out you asking why and how ... whether or not you'd like to do something else meanwhile is up to you so you can go ahead build up civilizations invent love enjoy ... live ... as long as you're maintaining the actual reason .. and so if you don't the least you can expect is being thrown in hell, especially that you were warned

Could it be that those who say He knows the future are wrong? After all, Adam and Eve were free to either eat from the tree are not. Their choice!

It must be some kind of test. We are all being tested.

This is one of the reasons I'm an atheist. I can't worship a God that uses me as a test subject.

God's omniscience simply enables Him to know of your free will choices. Therefore He does not violate or coerce His creations free will. Permitting him to act upon that which He knows is of your free will choice from eternity past.

This in no way reflects that He desires that some people should perish by His choice. His love (True Godly Love) is that all should come to Christ to be saved. Hell was only meant for the fallen angels and Satan for their rebellion, mans rebellion has offered us all the free will choice of such an eternal state being.

Your argument is like blaming the police who stand outside a bank you plan to rob and when they arrest you and take you to court you argue to the judge the police are the guilty ones because they didn't stop me from doing the robbery. The rules are simple to get into heaven, the hard part is following them.
Godspeed.

You'll find out when you are dead. It's not a salvation issue to know the answer to that and it's an incredibly in depth answer that can't be explained over Yahoo!. Just because you sin doesn't mean that you automatically go to hell.

Since you keep hiding out in the religious section maybe you should start actually reading the Bible and studying the times in which it was written. Then if you're still confused ask a reasonable question.

Back