Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

$300 for 91 Chevy Camaro V8 with rust and damage?

Is it worth it for $300 ? it is teal 1991 chevrolet camaro with v8 the front and side are pretty badly dented and rusty the back passenger panel is badly bent and rusted the steering wheel is lose it has 150,000 miles and im told runs good.??? could i fix it up a bit and sell it for like $1500 it blue book value is 1,740 dollars?
    i dont know how badly rusted the frame is but the rust im talking about is on the body becuse the dents

i dont really want to make money but want to know if i make it cosmetically better looking that one year or 2 i can sell it for like 300 bucks and break even

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want the car for yourself it's not a bad deal, if you think your going to resell it I think it's a bad idea. A 1991 Camaro isn't worth that much anyway, its not like it's a 78 Camaro.

It also doesn't sound like you know too much about cars. Do you have the equipment needed and the knowledge to do body work and fix the engine? If not paying someone to do it and for parts will cost way more than $1500.

Basically I think if you want to learn to work on cars and want to make this a project go for it. If you think your going to resell it for more money don't bother your going to lose money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want the car for yourself it's not a bad deal, if you think your going to resell it I think it's a bad idea. A 1991 Camaro isn't worth that much anyway, its not like it's a 78 Camaro.

It also doesn't sound like you know too much about cars. Do you have the equipment needed and the knowledge to do body work and fix the engine? If not paying someone to do it and for parts will cost way more than $1500.

Basically I think if you want to learn to work on cars and want to make this a project go for it. If you think your going to resell it for more money don't bother your going to lose money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i would pass, if your just going to paint and flip this car.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a beater what do you expect for $300 a decent dinner at a fine restaurant would cost more. Buy it and drive until it dies the sell it to the junkyard for $25

Downloads
    Uploads
    where's the rust? is the frame about to fall apart? that would be a good indicator that it's worthless. panels, interior, other stuff can be replaced cheap (www.yearone.com is a good supplier of aftermarket chev parts), but if the frame is weak there's no amount of money that will make it worth 1500 bucks. that's called a money pit.