How to block a network user from using certain p2p programs?

tadhgf

Nov 28, 2008
On the wireless network at home, we've one user who is addicted to limewire. The users laptop is flooded with viruses, and I'm the one who gets the computer to fix. Last time I had my hands on it, AVG pulled up over 250 problems. I figure its limewire that is the problem, though no matter how many times I tell the user this, they keep on reinstalling the software. I've tried setting them up with other software but it seems that the users on these sites aren't into the similar files they crave. Is there something I can do to block them using limewire? I've blacklisted the default ports, but to no avail.

Thanks.

Use TerminatorX to Block LimeWire

1. Download TerminatorX installation software. This program can be used to block various kinds of computer programs, including peer-to-peer file sharing and online chat programs (see Resources below). Select a version of the program that's designed to run on your computer's operating system.

2. Double-click the TerminatorX installation icon. Select a destination to save the program to and begin the installation process. A series of screens will guide you through the process.

3. Complete the set-up process. Answer questions and follow the onscreen set-up prompts as they appear. Select the necessary program and port options to restrict the use LimeWire.

http://www.warrensoftware.co.uk/php/downhome2.php

if you working on the server just get webmarshal and set out internet rules,, you are right limewire is a big virus fest hog

get a software that will monitor data transfer on the network
and block some features like streaming, downloads and son

if you working on the server just get webmarshal and set out internet rules,, you are right limewire is a big virus fest hog

get a software that will monitor data transfer on the network
and block some features like streaming, downloads and son

Back