Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about T-mobile Sidekick 2008~plz plz plz help! really need help!?

i am planning to get Sidekick 2008 from US n i live in India...will it work if i bring it in India? and can any card be replaced in it or is it compulsory to have t-mobile phone card? and can itz memory be extended by add memory to it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked my friend who works at a T-Mobile store as a Customer Service Rep. This is what he told me:

You first have to get your Sidekick unlocked. Just bring it into a T-Mobile store to get it unlocked or a small retailer/service center who can unlock phones for just $10 to $15. The answer is yes, it'll work in India, AFTER you unlock it

However, I must add - all those features you like about your Sidekick, like picture messaging, AIM, facebook, etc will NOT work in India. The phone's settings make it nearly impossible to use these functions without T-Mobile. Unfortunately there's no current work around.

Also, the Sidekick uses built in memory. You will NOT be able to add memory to it. It's just a function that isn't available on any version of the Sidekick.

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by confused??? View Post
    i am planning to get Sidekick 2008 from US n i live in India...will it work if i bring it in India? and can any card be replaced in it or is it compulsory to have t-mobile phone card? and can itz memory be extended by add memory to it?

Hi you can't use sidekick 2008 mobile in india with their local GSM sim until you unlock it from USA t-mobile network provider .You can easily unlock it through online providers like ClassicUnlocking.com here they are rendering network unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ...After unlocking the phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim in India ...Also, the Sidekick mobile uses built in memory.SO you will NOT be able to add memory to it. It's just a function that isn't available on any version of the Sidekick.