Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tips for A Solo Driving Trip from Missouri to California?

I'm going to be driving from Independence, MO all the way to Los Angeles, CA in the next day or two, but it's my first road trip or any drive longer than an hour (it's actually about a 24 hour drive). My dad got me an oil change maybe a week or two ago and a month or so ago he changed the tires. Overall, I'd say the car is in fine condition, but I just wanna know any kind of tips you guys might have for me in terms of not going insane during this 1600 mile drive. I'll admit that I'm slightly nervous, but I have a lot of CDs to listen to and I plan to drink a redbull or two or maybe just some coffee before leaving. But anyone with experience in this have any tips? Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just did a 26 hour drive from New York to Colorado. One thing that saved me was my XM radio. An iPod only goes so far. CB radio is kinda nice to have because I had to get there so having the truckers telling me where the bears (Cops) are was really nice. Have a tire plug kit, and a 12 volt compressor so you can fix your own tires. Save the red bull for the last part. I fell asleep when I was getting gas, and woke up quickly thinking I fell asleep at the wheel. Some advice for driving through Colorado if your going to take I-70, take your time. The mountains take forever to get through.