What is a good workout routine?

Nov 21, 2008
Three days a week ,Do a warm up of jumping jacks, or some kinda aerobic exercise first.
then do bench press, bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg presses, squats, lat pulldowns to for your back and traps. ab crunches every day if u want. but dont work out the same large muscle group back to back days. these exercises are what I DO now . I am starting back up trying to gain muscles because I broke my 5th metatarsal in my left foot playing basketball. I was in a cast all summer and just got done with physical therapy too a few weeks ago or so. Anyways,

2-3 other days go to the basketball court if you can or have access to one. do warm ups and stretches first. stretch your calf muscles really good . Then I used to like to do Frog leaps. I would bend down till my knees touched my face, my arms were on the outside of my knees. then i would jump up towards the sky as high as i could, come back down and without stopping I would continuously jump up and down like a frog kinda. It works the calves great and makes you jump higher after alot of practice . I used to do it alot when I was a teen. I am 5'8" and 150-155 lbs and i was in pick up games with kids that were 6'1, 6 '2, 6'3" and A few times I would out rebound them. Another great basketball exercise is take the basketball and throw it up at the back board and keep jumping and throwing it up . dont let the ball drop just continously jump and throw. that will help with rebounding and your legs too. also running and jogging full court will build up endurance. thats all for now i wrote enough I hope that helps I gave away my secrets though which is fine just dont take it for granted.

I would like to know a good workout routine. I come from school at about four o"clock and do my homework until about 5 o"clock. I am a basketball player and a jogger and I would like to know a good workout routine for me to accomplish jogging and basketball practicing. I also want to tone up for basketball, you know to get stronger. so please and thank you

Morning before taking any thing drink warm water 4-6 glass as per body requirement.
Keep your stomach half filled
Keep your weigh as per you height
Maintain hemoglobin level as your doctor says
Take more fruits & vegetables
Use brown breads or whole grains products
Minimize dairy product
Do exercise or walking 30-60 minutes
Do yoga, Pranayam(Dip breathing) in place of exercise if possible

Back