Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't yo think that Schwarzenegger should be cutting welfare before cutting...

...education? I saw a new plan on the news yesterday which includes more taxes and equal cuts from education as well as social programs. I really feel like social programs should be the first to go rather than slamming us with more taxes while those on welfare get a free ride, because they don't pay for anything anyways.

Plus cutting from education just creates more burden on the tax payers as we will have to support the uneducated who live off the social programs in the future.

what do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think welfare is about as cut down as itll ever get.

any lower, you might as well eliminate the whole thing... which you may want... but any decent caring citizen knows its a crucial program for our people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well I agree with you in theory, but the recent mandate of raising the test scores, teaching 9th grade stuff to 3-4 graders, has exacerbated the education problem, its only helping out the super smart kids, while leaving the less talented behind, more kids are failing now than before Bush's idea to raise requirements for test scores.

I don't believe in the Free ride, especially when you see people showing up at the welfare office for their check driving a North-star, or an Escalade with a fresh nail manicure and an hair do. adopting kids to get more money or altering their paperwork.

but funding education gains long term benefits, funding welfare gains immediate stabilization of the poor, if he cut the welfare, the state would have more crime, less economic spending in the here and now.

The Republican Governor is only doing this as a last resort, he isn't cowtowing to the liberal left. this state (calif) is way broke, too many people.

WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA, NOW GO HOME

California Republican Native

Downloads
    Uploads
    he still owes me money from expenses incurred when working in northern california fighting the fires this summer. they said they still had to balance the budget first -- they haven't had a balanced budget since when?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you grossly overestimate the amount of state money spent on social programs and that you fail to consider that local government is responsible for funding education. I also think you better hope and pray you never have a crisis which may put you in the welfare line. Most Americans are one serious illness away from destitution. God bless.

+ Reply to Thread