I think my neighbor is using my Internet service?

InternetExplorer

Apr 20, 2008
My neighbor has a laptop and he is outside sometimes. I have Internet with service with Hargray Communications and my neighbor does not have Internet (I have asked) and sometimes when I am trying to connect to the Internet I can not connect because it says that there is something wrong with my DNS (Domain Name Server) and I have seen my neighbor on the Internet before, when I couldn't connect. I don't know if I have Internet connection protection but is there something I can download to keep my Internet connection safe? I am using a Desktop computer running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate.

If you are using a wireless router or similar device. Then go to each computer and open a command prompt by typing cmd from the start, run prompt. Take note of each computer's mac address (physical address) and then login to the router and see what mac addresses have accessed the router. Once you locate his mac address then block it, and also change the login password to the router so he can't login and change it. You should also setup wireless security too.

I would try getting a WEP security lock on it, but change the password to something only you would know, as when you set it up it is numbers. This is a simple way to nonchalantly protect your connection without hurting your neighbor's feelings.

Back