My iPod says "Use iTunes to restore" and my files aren't saved on the...

MsMango

Nov 26, 2008
...computer, and I don't have a backup disk? My iPod, the original iPod nano - the ones that only came in black and white - says "Use iTunes to restore". I realize this message means that I need to format it, deleting all my files. However, my files do not have a backup and are not saved on the computers. I do not have a list of the songs I have or any of the files as a hard copy. I have photos on here that have been lost when my computer broke down, poems and emails that mean a lot to me, and music that are the soundtrack to my life. I really can't delete these files. Is there any way that I can transfer these files from my iPod to my computer? I've tried iDump, but it says "No iPod found, Please connect your iPod and retry! I've also tried SharePod, but it says the same thing.

Please help me.

I would take it to an Apple Store. If you can't do that your probably in trouble. Two of my friends have had stuff deleted on their ipods and had no back ups. There is software online that will take the music off your ipod but you have to do research for it.

sounds like you have a big problem.

i would go talk to someone at an Apple store, the ipod is really old and probably lacks the right software.

Back