Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the introduction of Id cards a waste of taxpayers money?

well I see all foreign students have to have one now, we wouldn't need ID cards if we didn't let so many people in or would we? are they an evil necesssity or just one more way to get our money into the govt coffers?
    views tvm.

I reckon that when we are all supposed to have one, the way they'll find out who's not supposed to be here, will be have become academic as forgeries will swamp the UK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everybody, including myself knows who I am. I don't want the government
    prying into my private life.
    And since id cards can be faked, criminals will also dislike them, since these might be used to track them.
    Gives the government an unfair advantage over criminals.
    Shouldn't be allowed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another New Labour rip off. We have photo DVLA licences, passports each of which must be renewed every 10 years, and that should be enough. Just because the Euronuts like ID cards, why should we follow suit? GB and his old Labour Buddies are ripping us off left, right and centre. Take the VAT reduction on booze and fags, they put the tax up straight away. They'll be first against the wall come the revolution. Bring back Thunderclap Newman and all he and the Strawbs stood for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is a waste of money. Also very dangerous when you think what could happen to our data.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my passport and my photo ID driving licence, 2 bank cards, 2 credit cards, 1 store card (for the discount only) a nectar card, an air miles card and a Tesco club card. I have a bank loan and a mortgage as well as 4 different pensions. My car is registered in my name and I am on the electoral role. The tax office knows who I am as it takes money off me every month, I am registered at a NHS doctor and dentist. I have premuim bonds and national savings.

What the fcuk do I need an ID card for - if the government need to know what I am up to there is enough info above to write a bloody book

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't start me on this. I'm seriously prepared to go to prison. It's not the 'taxpayers money' bit..just the very idea of the whole damn thing.

Have a read-http://www.no2id.net/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't start me on this. I'm seriously prepared to go to prison. It's not the 'taxpayers money' bit..just the very idea of the whole damn thing.

Have a read-http://www.no2id.net/