Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Using iPhone with T-Mobile? (a few unlocking questions)?

So I want to purchase a 3G iPhone and use it with T-Mobile, and I just have a few questions to make sure I can. This is for the US. I am aware it won't work with T-Mobile's 3G. I am aware of the G-Phone and I don't like it as much.

1) What is the difference between unlocking (software and SIM) and jailbreaking?

2) To use all the iPhone's features (calls, music, wifi, apps) which of the above options do I need to use?

3) Do methods like TurboSIM those like Pwnage Tool accomplish the same thing?

3) Should I buy the phone already unlocked? Or should I do it myself?

4) If an update comes out from Apple and I want to get it, how would I need to go about it to unlock the phone again?

5) What is a good source to buy the iPhone. I see it going for about 600-700 (new) on eBay, but I was looking to pay around 400.

Unregistered
    1) Jailbreak and Unlock are two different terms but they are both usually confused. Jailbreaking allows a user to install third party applications, software, themes and removes the limitations that are on the apple device. In short it gives the user the root access to iOS whereas unlocking means the user can switch between network carriers.
    2) You will be able to use all the features without unlock or jailbreak.
    3) Turbo Sim,Pwnage tools are all temporary and not reliable.
    3) If you buy an unlocked phone it will be costly when compared to locked ones.
    4) I will suggest you to get unlock from unBBlock.com which is permanent so even after update you will not have the need to unlock it again. They do using remote unlock service and also give step by step instructions to unlock your iPhone 3G.
    5) You can get it in any online store like Walmart,Amazon at cheaper deals.