Ok. I'm 19 years old, have never really had recurrent problems coughing up nasty phlem.. (It happens, but only if I'm sick, which isn't so often), as a child I was kind of skinny and short, and had athsma, which seemed to go away. Also had a wide variety of allergies Didn't put on a whole lot of weight, but always seemed to grow. My diet has always been kinda crappy. Once I hit puberty, my weight and body fat increased. Today, at 5'8 I weight 170 pounds or so. Anyway, I developed a chronic, constant stuffy nose around the time I started smoking, and through those 4-4.5 years. I can count the number of times I had a respiratory illness/infection/sore throat on one hand, and have never had pneumonia. I wasn't the best wrestler on the team, definetley didn't have the most stamina, but could still compete, participate in the running, and bench 200 pounds. About a year - a year and a half ago, I started drinking heavily and noticing I'd occasionally have runny, sometimes greasy stool, especially after drinking. I recently quit all my vices, and
around the same time, developed gall bladder like symptoms. Pain under right shoulder blade, agitated after meals, escpecially greasy/spicy ones., sometimes aggitated by taking deep breaths. Also my stool is sometimes watery and greasy, but sometimes not, and has been doing funky things lately. Bits of red in it. I do not have a coughing problem at all, in fact, I rarely cough and when I force the cough do not produce any mucus. I have seen two doctors, one who thought cystic fibrosis is rediculous and actually had me get a shot of haldol for anxiety. BOTH DOCTORS HAD ME DO A GENERAL WELLNESS BLOOD TEST. RESULTS WERE NORMAL, WITH LIVER FUNCTION ON THE HIGH SIDE OF NORMAL, BUT NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY. THE OTHER DOCTOR HAD ME DO A URINALYSIS FOR KIDNEY FUNTION, WHICH WAS NORMAL, AND AN X-RAY OF BOTH MY CHEST AND GI TRACT, WHICH CAME BACK NORMAL. Should I be worrying, or is it more likely that not I don't have cystic fibrosis?
Reported Report this
Spam

Miscategorized
Abuse