The guy I had been seeing has major depression, has been suicidal. We were in a relationship but he ended it because he says he can't give me what I need. He's bankrupt and thinks I deserve a better life and someone who can give me the things I want and need. We've remained friends and I love him. He says he loves me as a friend (which is a bit crushing because I want more). We sleep together occasionally (mostly instigated by me, sometimes by him). He's not affectionate towards me otherwise - never kisses me, which is something I feel I'm missing out on. We're very close and he tells me everything. I've been the one holding his hand through his hardest times, when he wanted to give up on everything. I've been the one buying him food when he had nothing. He has friends but none of them know about his depression and that he is on medication for it.
I don't know what to do. The lack of affection is killing me, even though I know he doesn't owe me that seeing as though we are friends.
I have a male friend moving back from o/seas, he is interested in me. He's a great person but I feel I'm not ready to give up on my ex, or the time we spend together. I really don't know what to do.
Should I wait for my ex to be back on track and hopefully he will want more?

Or is it time to move on?