Why don't future mothers or current mothers breast feed?

4everAug

Nov 20, 2008
When so many benefits exist when you do for your child?
Other then burning mega calories extra because you breast feed, your child....your future.....will have less hospital visits, babies who are breast fed have a higher IQ then those who don't, also breast fed babies have it easier when starting soild foods. And many more benefits!

I see no excuses at all, they have devices that when your resting you can have your milk pumped out and you can save it for later when the baby gets hungry and you can bottle it.

Its really sad...

Because I couldn't. My milk production never kicked in and my son didn't gain any weight. I started bottle feeding him after the dr told me to at 3 weeks and he had not gained back his birthweight.

everyone is different. People have their reasons. My SIL would love to breast feed but she can't because she has Hep B. It's very sad. And it is not true that breast fed baby have it easy when it's time to start solids. My baby will be 9 months next week and she still refuses solids. She closes her mouth every time she sees the spoon.

Google "101 reasons to breastfeed" It is an INCOMPLETE list as well. I am very glad I chose to breastfeed exclusively. I know it hurts for the first few weeks but that is hardly an excuse. I don't buy into these millions of women saying they couldn't either. I know some REALLY can't but for most they are afraid their boobs will sag, are grossed out by it, or don't spend much time with their children and need someone else to give it bottles. ( not all )

Not to mention ...

Lowers the risk of cancers for baby AND mom!

I agree, who wouldn't want to do that for their baby?

I think there is a lot of misinformation. I hear people say "I can't breastfeed, I have to take medication for PPD", they didn't know that breastfeeding can take care of PPD.

I've heard people say "I can't breastfeed because I need to start birth control", they didn't know that you CAN take birth control while pregnant.

B/c it is the women's choice whether to breastfeed or not. You do not know every woman's individual situation. Maybe she is incapable of breastfeeding? Maybe she just doesn't have the support needed? Maybe she works a job that doesn't allow for ease of pumping? There are many reason's that women choose to bottle-feed. In my situation my schedule changed daily and i was attending school full-time when my daughter was born. She was bottle-fed since birth and is one of the healthiest kids I know and is one of the smartest in her class. She had no problems with eating solids either.

personally i think they give up too easily, yes its no easy the first week or so... yes alot of people dont agree with it.. but its so good for the baby i think people should get over it and do whats supposed to be done!!!

I totally agree! But there are mothers whom have some illnesses and take medication therefore cannot breast feed..but other than that well I am not going to get into it.

Back