Is it a weapon in a truck load?

amalone

Jun 3, 2008
Green is good but too much green in a truck load is not.

These compact fluorescent bulbs (contain mercury), a full truck load can be a dangerous weapon. Just through some fire crackers at it and you have serious crap to deal with.
T-bone, interesting but was it like smoking? It's not dangerous if you don't know its secret.
Ok...the thing is. Some say its not that big of deal but others will make people clear an entire block. This is how we get screw because we can't make out what's truth.

Nuclear wast rolls through my city, downtown, on trains. Gasoline tankers roll down the highway so close I could literally touch it at 60mph if I was that dumb.(which i'm not) Why are you worried about light bulbs? Mercury is in, or has been in many things like home HVAC(Heating, Ventalation-and-Air Conditioning) thermostats since the 50's. It's been in the level sensor's for simple under hood lights in cars and trucks for some time.(you know, when you raise up the hood, the light comes on) Mercury is an excellent conductive liquid. It's like liquid metal. There was mercury in my thermometer when I was a little kid.

Mercury can be dangerous but I'm sure it's well regulated by now. NOT throwing firecrackers onto a truck full of it would help.

So maybe we should worry about the radiation for the smoke detectors while we are at it ! Or the copper off the money ( copper is highly toxic to the human body ) !

To answer your question;

No,The tiny drop of Mercury in fluorescent light bulbs was nothing when I was a child going through school, in science class we would hold huge blobs of Mercury in our hands to show the liquid properties of some metals passing the blob from child to child so we could feel and hold liquid metal. Today they would have evacuated the entire block with the amount we carried around in our hands back then.

To answer your question;

No,The tiny drop of Mercury in fluorescent light bulbs was nothing when I was a child going through school, in science class we would hold huge blobs of Mercury in our hands to show the liquid properties of some metals passing the blob from child to child so we could feel and hold liquid metal. Today they would have evacuated the entire block with the amount we carried around in our hands back then.

Back