will the parts from a 90 ford ranger interchange with a 83 ford ranger?

kenzsmommy

Nov 21, 2008
just bought '83 for $140 and my dad has '90 ranger and i need to know if the parts will interchange to save money

Fraid not, the early rangers were a bunch of (IMHO) mixed match parts and are a bit of the best and worse of everything.
I just would plan on not planning it for anything but a good candidate for a 302 and a 5 speed.
Either one, take your pick.

depends what your changing,. if you go on something like wikipedia and look up the ford ranger, it will show you all the generations and if anything different was changed with the vehicle

Some things might, but I don't think allot of the body parts can though. Maybe engine, and transmission and so forth, like the drivetrain, and some chassis stuff might be able to.

a lot of them will especially since you have both vehicles to work with ,for instance if you wanted to change engines out you would need the wiring harness from the newer one so you could easily do this,you have a good advantage you have two vehicles to work with and you can make most of the parts work correctly on it,good luck

From my knowledge not 1 part will fit this truck,its too old & the body style is a big difference.

Back