Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is Writing an Old-Fashioned Hand-Written Love Letter Cheesy?

My girldfriend's B-Day is coming up and I was considering writing her a love letter expressing my feelings and undying love for her on some special stationary in lieu of "purchasing" her a gift...will this make me look lame? And will she get mad at me for not "buying" her anything? It's not that I'm cheap, I just want to give her something truly special... MY HEART...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh...thats so sweet. Giving your heart is never cheesy. I still think a gift would be nice though... a piece of jewerly would be nice to go with it. Then she can "wear your heart" and remember your love letter.

Also, I once had a boyfriend who wrote me a love letter along with a birthday gift (jewelry)... the love letter was sweet but his spelling and choice of words were all messed up (english wasn't his 1st language) and I could barely read his writitng, so make sure you spellcheck and write clearly so it doesnt mess up the flow!! lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    No definitely not lame or cheesy. Girls these days never get the privilege of getting written love notes, let alone calls from their boyfriend telling them out of random that they love their girl.

She would NOT get angry at you for not buying her anything! I personally love it when people make things, it makes me feel special because I know they put some effort into doing it instead of walking into a sho and grabbing the first thing they see.

She'll love it & will love you even more for doing something different !

Downloads
    Uploads
    She'll only get mad if she's shallow.
    Which I expect she's not since you've even considered the idea.

I would love to receive a super special letter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's not cheesy at all. My husband doesn't write letters, but he is a fine artist and one of my favorite things is a small pencil drawing he did, misspelled title (he wrote Aura instead of Aurora) and all. We had gone looking for the Northern Lights, which we hadn't seen, but we saw the comet Kohotek instead. It's not his 'best' drawing, but it was done just for me, from his heart. Write the letter, put it into a nice envelope, and tell her "My gift is inside me, loving you ... my heart.' She'll be extremely happy, and will keep that letter for the rest of her life!

Downloads
    Uploads
    if she thinks it is lame or gets mad , that would be a tragedy.

almost all women of all ages will be touched by a real love letter, and would prefer it to a purchased gift.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no it doesn't matter how you write it it's still sweet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is wicked brilliant! And I applaud you for coming up with such a heartwarming gift. If your girlfriend gets angry- she doesn't deserve you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that it would be really nice. If she's the type to expect a bought gift you might buy something like candy or flowers. Nothing really expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do both!

Do the letter, definitely. I think she will absolutely love that ... even if she jokes about it, it will touch her heart. However, don't replace that with a gift. Get her a gift, and give her the letter.

Hey, I wish you well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast