Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member gospel_singing_pooh's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you didn't get along with your mother-in-law, do you spend the holiday

with her and your hubby or alone? To make a long story short, I don't get along with my mother in law. I have tried numerous time to be cordial and to try and build a sucessful relationship but it doesn't work! My husband doesn't see the problems or issues, he doesn't address her or anything. This is why I'm not going to her home for Thanksgiving! Now, I'm spending Thanksgiving alone while he goes to his parents home. Am I right? Or should I go and be unhappy and upset to be with my husband?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You and your husband should really have a united front and spend the holidays together... whether you both stay home or go to his mom's. To separate for the holidays is toxic... You and he are considered family before anyone else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hell I wouldn't go either. I don't need or want that bullshit in my life from anyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you don't go, your husband will be in an awkward situation sitting at his families table. I think you should go because they still are your husbands family and he wants to go. I would still be cordial and whatever your mother in law says, i'd just let it go in one ear and out the other. It's just one dinner, then you're free!

Just know that if you do go along with your husband, he'll appreciate your decision and thank you for it.