Should I tell my son that I have been forging celebrity/athlete's autographs,

SirBarrence

Aug 29, 2008
and giving them as presents? ? Since my son was 4 years old, I have been forging celebrity autographs. It started out because I didnt have any money to buy presents, so I just signed a page in People magazine, and gave it to him for his birthdays and christmas.

I stopped the forging when heturned 16. He is 18 now. Should I tell him, or keep it a secret? Or maybe just keep on doing it since it was free? I mean if hes too stupid to know they are fake, why not?

Yes, you should tell him. I mean think of the embarrassment he is going to suffer if he ever tries to sell any of them and figures out on his own his father has been lying to him for 14 years. Really tell your son the truth better it comes from you then someone else.

I cant believe your call your son stupid, and your stupid for doing it, u need to tell him, and if i was him i would be pissed off with you, how come u done something like that

That's pretty mean. You're a bad parent. No, don't tell him that you forged the autographs. They probably mean a lot to the kid.

Well, thats a little cruel to be doing that to your son in the first place. Did you ever think he might go to school and when his friends asked what he got for his birthday he says i got an autographed picture of Michael Jordan...

haha no dont tell him.. i forged an alex rodriguez signature on a baseball and sold the ball to a kid in my school for 50 dollars.. what a dumb*ss

keep it a secret the gifts will not mean a thing to him anymore if you tell him the truth but if you hide it and he finds out it'll be a lose/lose situation

Really? Forgery's a crime, ya know. It's one thing to fake a letter from Santa or the Tooth Fairy for a kid, but does your son really believe he has an autographed Michael Jordan poster or something? That's not nice.

I don't think you should tell him about all the past autographs, because it will ruin his trust, but just don't do it again.

That's kind of aweful. I wouldn't mind not recieving a present. I would mind my parents being dishonest with me. Then again that's the story of my life so I'm used to it. Still hurts though

Nah, leave well enough alone. I think it's a sweet gesture and a very creative one. I don't think I'd have thought of such a thing but I have three girls. The more I sit here and think about it the more impressed I am at your ingenuity. Kudos to you.

you are despicable. What if you're son tries to sell one for money to survive one day and he finds out from strangers that the signatures are fake. Tell him before he gets real hurt by it.

TELL HIM!!!! lying is horible, and he's always going to get the feeling he has been lied to. Just tell him the whole truth, and that you are very sorry for it all. He'll be mad for a while, but it'll make you 2 alot closer. And you could make it a good thing, like say "i did this, and if you want to tell me somthing that has been eating away at you, you can tell me and i wont beat u." lol, but be honest with him, it's the right thing to do.

Hope this helps, God bless.
:)

Wow,

Firstly, I cant believe you called your own son stupid when your the one forging celebrity signatures.

How is he supposed to know?

I think you should wriggle your own way out of this one. Hopefully if your not too stupid, you'll learn not to lie to people expesially people who look up to you.

Back