How many miles can a Mercury Mountaineer go for?

jnemet30

Nov 21, 2008
I'm looking to buy a used 2000 Mountaineer but it already has 220,000 miles. Are they known for going a long time?

Thanks!

The unknown factor is what kind of care has it had. If the interior is in great shape, then there is a better than average chance that the whole vehicle has been properly maintained. The interior is just the "tip of the iceberg" so to speak. I would never buy a used car with burn holes and matted carpets, smelling of cigaretts or anything like that. It's about what you see if what you get!

i just bought a 2000 mercury mountaineer and it has 138,000.... u have urs at 220,000so hopefully it lasts. they say nothin is wrong with it except for the brakes but thats getting fixed... GOOD LUCK~!

Mercury Mountaineer

I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer, and it currently has 182,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new, and not had a single problem with it. I change oil every 5k miles and have used the synthetic high mileage oil since either 75k or 100k miles. Hoping it will go another 100k with minimal issues as i do anticipate something soon as it has been too good to me!

Back