my honda civics radiator is cracked; can i drive with it like that and not

NO YOU CAN"T ! eventually it will give out when you need to use your car the most. if it does there are numerous things you can damage or ruin. just replace the radiator i know it is expensive but it's cheaper than the damage you can cause by driving it around hoping nothing will happen !

bad idea not to get it repaired or replaced,cause many serious and expensive problems,checkout your local car recycling yards(junk yards) and usually get one for half the price as new

well you can try. the radiator is going to get hot as well as the coolant and boil and spew out that crack. coolant's primary job is cooling down the engine. you have to think there is little "explosions" going on to power your engine and that creates a lot of heat. if all that coolant comes out of the little crack and the engine gets to hot...forget it...you engine is dead and you'll need a new one. VERY costly repair.

if the radiator has no water in it and you run the engine or drive the car you will wreck every part of your engine
Don't even try to run the engine without water in the radiator.
Ask you local garage.

Back